Join us as we celebrate International Women’s Day on Sunday, 7 March, at 10:30 a.m. in Public Gardens, Nampally (in front of Health Museum), Hyderabad.
On the occasion of International Women’s Day 2010, All India Forgotten Women’s Association (AIFWA), True Equity Network (TEN) India and Andhra Pradesh Mothers-in-law Protection Association (APMPA) are celebrating the many achievements and successes of women. We also address the dilemmas of present day women, and look at the way forward to achieve true empowerment of women.
On the occasion of International Women’s Day, we would like to call upon women to free themselves from self-pity and negativity. We would like all women to remember that:
- real women have self-esteem and dignity
- real women reject preferential treatment over men and children
- real women succeed by proving their true worth
- real women take responsibility for their actions
- real women do not make false allegations or file false cases
We call upon the citizens and Government of India to recognize that:
- Promoting women’s welfare does not mean weakening and destroying marriage.
- Liberating women does not mean destroying their biological and social privileges of being a wife and a mother.
- Protecting women does not mean supporting misuse of the law, violating human rights and destroying families.
- Empowering women does not mean encouraging blackmail, extortion and parasitism by women.
- Encouraging women in all walks of life does not mean providing special privileges and lowered standards of performance.
Join our movement for true empowerment and help end the gender war!
Please come with your near and dear ones and make this event a success!